Thursday, September 22, 2011

Surprises in the City

My favourite place to be is either down the coast or in the city at Circular Quay. I think Sydney is such a beautiful city with the harbour, bridge and Opera House. I also love all the different sorts of people it attracts, from local Sydney-siders to tourists and buskers. With the gorgeous warm weather we have been having I can’t wait to enjoy a glass or two of champagne near the harbour somewhere soon.

These first few shots were taken during the day as I walked around the city enjoying Hyde Park.It was such a beautiful day. I was in the city to see Louise Hawson speak about her photography work ‘52 Suburbs’ and at the end of the talk someone called out my name and it was a friend I did honours with and then worked with at the Attorney General’s. It was great to see her after being out of touch for a while.

We chatted and walked down to Circular Quay and enjoyed the views of the harbour from City Extra and had coffee and a catch up together. I always love when days go from being great to being fantastic! I hope you enjoy these photos.

city 1

city 3

city 2

city 12

city 13

city 4After I said goodbye to my friend and as the sun started to set I took my camera out to see what I could capture. I hadn’t taken a tripod with me but I was really happy that I still managed to get some good shots because the light was particularly lovely that night.

city 6

city 7

city 8

city 5The Opera House is one of my favourite places to photograph. It has such interesting angles and comes up so well in black and white. I can spend so long just wandering around this fascinating building, seeing something new each time. 

city 11

city 9 I hope you have all had a wonderful week. Thanks for all the lovely comments. Have a great weekend wherever or whatever you are up to.  

2 comments: