Thursday, September 15, 2011

Spring Fair

One of my favourite quotes comes from Marcel Proust who said ‘The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.’ So on Saturday I headed out to the Cronulla Spring Fair to see what I could find. I am at Cronulla a lot but the wonderful thing about viewing the world from a camera is that life takes on a much more interesting slant and you see things differently.

The first thing I saw at the Fair was an animal petting farm for kids. One goat was very adamant about getting food from anywhere and was quite happy to launch himself up onto two legs while using the fence to balance to get at the food…case in point! Poor lady…

1 

They weren’t all like that thank goodness, this one was so well behaved and adorable…

3

Just like this gorgeous little fluffy duckling…

2

l had heaps of fun taking photos of all the colours around…

6

7

10 

There were lots of kids rides, fairy floss and show bags and of course the clowns…I find them a bit scary still.

9

I also had the opportunity to hear a wonderful Bolivian band.Their music was so much fun and attracted a big crowd.I definitely want to try and see them again and I bought one of their CDs which was great.    

Spring Fair_1 

On Sunday I met a friend at Hurstville and as I was getting off the train I heard an all mighty racket of cymbals and drums and when I got up to the ticket machines I saw a group of Chinese dragon dancers. I happened to have my camera with me ‘just in case’ so quickly got a few snaps as they moved through the mall. It seemed very random to me but apparently it was moon cake festival. It was great fun, sort of like a Chinese version of flash mob.

12

13

14

These guys did such a great job and were so energetic. I loved their costumes, especially their pants. 

15

Well I hope you have all had a great week and have started to enjoy the warmer weather of Spring.

3 comments:

  1. I saw the goat's face and had to check it out, she's super cute :-) looks like you had a great time, the chinese dancers and their dragon look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Akamatra.
    Thanks FishesMakeWishes, it was a really great day i loved the goats they were so funny and definately cute.

    ReplyDelete