Thursday, September 1, 2011

Local Markets

Welcome to the first day of Spring 2011. I hope you all have had a wonderful week, and thanks again for the lovely messages. This week my photos come from the local Rotary market that is held once a month on a Sunday morning just up the road from where I live.

I love the colours that pop up at markets and the sense of community as people gather to look for a bargain, buy some fresh veggies or just wander around with their dogs or kids.

This week was a family fun day so there was a lot of wonderful eye catching toys and gadgets to get the attention of the children (and no doubt the wallets of the parents lol). 

Colours Bubbles 

I love this next shot. Scattered on the asphalt were so many childhood favourites- Superman, Batman, Ernie, Fred Flintstone, …even the Gingerbread Man from Shrek. It was so lovely watching the young kids scrounge around looking for their favourites. It’s nice to know these characters still hold special meaning for the young ones too.   

Discarded Kid's Heroes

Poor old Ronald McDonald was doing his best but he seemed to just be frightening children and dogs. He left screams and tears in his wake. He freaked me out too. I think I caught him by surprise here…

Ronald McDonald 

This was a funny shot. Just after the above photo, Ronald went over to pat a dog and the dog freaked out and was barking and growling. This was the poor dog. He still has his eyes on Mr McDonald. 

Five

I love the fresh produce at the market- sure beats Coles and Woolworths…

Fresh veggies Like bees to the honey pot..

This was the first week I have seen buskers at the markets and it was so great to have some music to wander around too. I couldn’t resist getting a few snaps of this guy. His accordion playing was lovely and I enjoyed pretending I was in Paris as I strolled around! I thought he had a wonderful face and was really getting into his playing, always nice to see passionate people.

 

Getting into it

You never know what beautiful things you will find as you wander…that is all the fun of markets.

old find

If you would like to check out what other people have been up to this week, go to Our Creative Spaces.

2 comments:

  1. Now you've bumped a gramophone even further up the 'must-have' list. I've wanted one for such a long time and that one is just beautiful!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jem,

    I know isn't it gorgeous. That's the thing with markets, you just never know what you are going to stumble across. Thanks for stopping by.

    Ruby-Robin ox

    ReplyDelete