Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Creative Space: Beauty

This week I have focused on trying to clean out what is not necessary in my home and finding ways to bring more joy and beauty into my space. I love flowers and love them scattered around my place, so today I bought a gorgeous big bouquet and broke it up into a few vases. I also had some dried natives from a few weeks ago that had seen better days so I revived them in one of my favourite vases which uses a spike to secure the stems of the flowers. It is a really easy and fun way to play around and arrange flowers. Seems flowers and nature have featured strongly in my last few blog entries- I must be getting excited about summer getting closer.

bringing the outside in

beautiful bouquet

re-imagined natives

It has also occurred to me this week that there are a lot of simple pleasures in life that can be easily overlooked. After having a gorgeous communal dinner with some friends over the weekend and enjoying some lush dates, my love of dates was re-ignited. Since the weekend I have found myself enjoying a cup of tea and dates on my balcony as the sun goes down. Life could be a lot worse I suspect!

simple things in life

I have started a ‘doodling’ project which I pick up every now and then. I remember doing this in high school art class and I loved the end result and the ‘mindless’ place your brain goes into as you make patterns and use colour. So easy and so relaxing.     

work in progress

I hope you have all had a lovely week- how quickly they fly by. Check out what other people have been up to this week at Kootoyoo.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely time you've been having just playing, with lovely results. It's so much fun isn't it! Love your doodle. Why don't you check out the Sketch Book Project 2011? I've joined up but haven't allowed myself to start until a certain chandelier is finnished! Thanks for you sweet comments - my health is dodgy but my spirit is good xoxoxo.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you take the time to see the beauty around you. flowers are such a nice touch around the home, they really bring it to life. i'm finally at the stage where my youngest is just about old enough not to ingest or destroy a lovely arrangement ;) it sounds like you're enjoying the weather, here, we're just hunkering down for a long winter ahead... still, lots to be grateful for.

    happy weekend!
    ana (in canada)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you lovely ladies for your comments. I certainly am enjoying the warmer weather and will look into the sketching project. Hope you both have a great week. Ruby-Robin ox

    ReplyDelete