Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Creative Space- 1 hour painting

I love Thursdays. Knowing Thursday is ‘posting’ day I often ask myself ‘what have I been doing this week that is creative?’ Because most of my creative endeavours are writing based and not very visually exciting for a blog, I often search for another example of creativity. This week other than expressing my creativity by getting my home cleaner and more in shape, and spending countless hours making photo gifts for Christmas, there was nothing else to report. So I set myself a challenge- a painting in an hour.

I set my egg timer for 5 mins to sketch a vase of flowers in my dining room and then sat on my balcony and painted it. It was really fun and I find a time limit works well for me because I have to shut off my inner critic. It also made me realise that if it only takes an hour to dabble in some paint and pencils, then I should really set my egg timer and do it more often.

5 min sketch

Painting

Hope you have all had a great week, check out what others are up to on Kootoyoo

4 comments:

  1. I like the way you love Thursdays! I do too. And creativity can be found in so many parts of our lives can't it? Love your little painting, what a fun idea. See you next Thursday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the painting, the colours work so well! I think I'm going to try egg timer painting - great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and great result. I bet you'd see real developments too sticking to this small time commitment...

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your lovely comments it made my day.
    Love the painting and the idea of the egg timer. I think I need to do that too.
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete