Friday, November 26, 2010

Missing the South Coast

I recently went down the South Coast for a week and have been craving going back already. I love the South Coast. We started at Berry and tried a different cafe, ‘The Stuffed Olive,’ very cute and great coffee. 

Starting in Berry 

We then drove further south to Bermagui which was to be our home for the next week. I thought I hadn’t been there before, but as soon as I saw the beach I remembered that when my family and I were travelling to Victoria years ago we stopped in Bermagui for a swim. It was an exciting feeling to think I was rediscovering this place as an adult.

The weather fluctuated from hot and sunny, to sometimes pretty cold, and it was surprisingly very very windy, but apparently that’s pretty normal. I loved Bermagui and the cute cafe and being so close to the gorgeous beaches. Each afternoon the sun seemed to pop through, no matter what the day had been liked, so we would take our books down to the beach and enjoy the rays of sun. 

Afternoons at beach

beach afternoon

My family have always had Boxer dogs so when I saw this little guy on the beach with his family, needless to say I was smitten. He was the cutest dog and so well behaved. He is going to be a big boy though, check out this paws!

gorgeous boxer pup

We spent a day at Bega which was a bit disappointing, particularly the cheese factory which was very commercial, but we did find this little treasure in town and spend many hours flicking through magazines and drinking coffee. It was a really alternative, arty type cafe that would have been well suited in Newtown or Glebe, so I loved it.

Day spent at cute cafe

flicking through mags

rustic flowers

I was so excited that it was cold enough to light the fire a few nights. Is there anything better than sitting in front of any open fire. Simple delights.

Fireplace

I loved this town and can’t wait to get back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment