Thursday, July 28, 2011

Going With the Flow

More watercolour painting for me this week, as I picked up one of my library books on watercolour painting and gave one of the exercises a go. It turned out much better than I expected. I really enjoyed doing the background and loved the flow and ease of watercolours. It is by no means an easy medium but I like the smoothness of it and the versatility. That actually surprised me how versatile it was…can’t wait to try a few more exercises.

brushes 

As much as I love really ‘polished’ photos, when it comes to art and blogging I love to be able to share the ‘realness’ of creative expression- note the paper towel and the Shrek like green water on the right. This was step 1, to lightly sketch the flowers and then do the wash for the background.

step 1

Step 2

step 2

Once the paper was dry I could go to step 3 which was to paint in the stems and petals, adding a soft grey over the white to get the shading. This was the final product.

final

This is always the sign of a good day.

A good day

I hope you have all had a great week and have been able to take the time to do something creative. Check out what other people have been doing at Our Creative Spaces.

1 comment:

  1. Your exercise looks like perfection to me. Beautiful watercolor. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete