Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

I hope you have all had a lovely Christmas and enjoyed your new year celebrations. I wish you all the best for 2011 and look forward to seeing all your creative endeavours.

Each year I aim to read a book a week and I was excited that this year I managed to exceed my quota and read some fantastic pieces of writing.

These were some of my favourites;

Breath by Tim Winton

Absurdistan  by Eric Campbell

The Orchid by Drusilla Modjeska

My Place by Sally Morgan

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khalid Hoessini 

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

Down Under by Bill Bryson

Millenium Triology by Stieg Larsson

The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler

Sometimes Hearts Have To Break by Petrea King

The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas

Brooklyn by Colm Toibin

War Child by Emmanuel Jal

Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult

Books 2011

I am looking forward to what books this year holds, particular those books on my ‘to read’ list especially 1984 by George Orwell, Corelli’s Mandolin by Louis De Bernieres, Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert and Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier. What will you be reading in 2011? 

No comments:

Post a Comment